Learn to build this 3-Band Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer in this Free 5-hour “Code With Me” course from Programming For Musicians!
As seen on FreeCodeCamp
Build a 3 Band EQ with Spectrum Analyzer and Response Curve using JUCE and modern C++!
- Building the DSP
- Building the GUI
Total course run time: 5hr 4min
Shot at 60FPS at 4096 x 2304 (retina iMac was used)
- Part 1 Intro 2:28
- Part 2 Setting up the Project 14:20
- Part 3 Creating Parameters 13:39
- Part 4 Setting up the DSP 8:22
- Part 5 Setting up Audio Plugin Host 5:31
- Part 6 Connect Peak Params to Filter 11:22
- Part 7 Connect LowCut Params to Filter 10:38
- Part 8 Refactoring the DSP 20:21
- Part 9 Adding Knobs to GUI 13:25
- Part 10 Draw the Response Curve 24:48
- Part 11 Build the Response Curve Component 5:41
- Part 12 Customize the Knob Visuals 52:20
- Part 13 Response Curve Grid 23:57
- Part 14 Spectrum Analyzer 49:51
- Part 15 Bypass Buttons 46:51
Compiled binaries for Windows VST3, MacOS AU, and MacOS VST3 are included, along with compiled versions of Juce’s AudioPluginHost, for hosting the plugin if you don’t own a DAW.